Saturday, September 19, 9am, Cottage Grove, WI
Dust off those pedals, oil that chain, and pump up those tires!
And, let's go raise some money for WCYC!
On Saturday, September 19, all WCYC supporters are invited to attend our annual WCYC Bike-a-thon! We'll meet in Cottage Grove, WI, at the trailhead for the Glacial Drumlin Trail. (see map below)
Pedal as far as you want. Bring plenty of water. We will provide a small bag of good, healthy, pre-packaged snacks, to help you keep up your energy along the trail.
Contact Jim Coehoorn with questions:
email: [email protected]
USPS: 115 N. Broad St., Elkhorn, WI, 53121
The individual who raises the most pledge money will win a new bike! (Shown nearby.) (Donated by an awesome friend of WCYC.)
The group that raises the most pledge money will win a pizza party!!! (Details pending.)
How does this work?
So, you're interested in this year's WCYC Bike-a-thon. That's great! Glad to have you! We look forward to some fun pedaling time on one of Wisconsin's most picturesque bike trails.
Bike-a-thon's are a great way to have fun, develop community and memories, and raise money for a cause we all love.
To get started
- Print out this Pledge Form - Use this form to track your pledges. Be sure to record the names and contact information for anyone who pledges money. When people donate, they can either donate a flat amount, or a "per mile" amount. A one-dollar-per-mile pledge would be very reasonable.
- Review this Information Page - It contains several important points about this bike-a-thon, and a couple generations of general bike-a-thon wisdom.
- Register your interest in the Bike-a-thon, by contacting Jim Coehoorn, at [email protected]
Timeline on Saturday, September 19
9:00a to 10:00a - Arrive at the trailhead and get started. All attendees can get started at their own pace.
Glacial Drumlin Trail in Cottage Grove (click for map)
About the money
Once the bike-a-thon is complete, you will be able to return home, and start collecting on your pledges. If people pledged on a "per mile" basis, you can report the number of miles you recorded. Checks can be made out to "WCYC". All checks should be sent to Jim Coehoorn (at his address, shown above). Please, do not send cash.
- For bicyclists younger than 18, helmets are required.
- Don't forget water, and some sun screen... and a way to carry it all.
- Funds raised during this bike-a-thon may be used for any number of projects that are desperately needed: rebuilding the Pines cabin, replacing canteen, or just deposited into the general fund.
In the event of foul weather, we may be compelled to cancel the bike-a-thon. If you register, and provide appropriate contact information, we will be sure to reach out to you. Otherwise, watch this webpage... or our Facebook page. A rain-date has been set for the following Saturday, September 26 (weather permitting).