24-Hour Youth Rally
The Mandrake Road Church in Madison, is hosting a 24-Hour Youth Rally, on Saturday, November 18, beginning at 12pm, for youth 7th grade and older.
This will be a great time to reconnect with your WCYC friends, play games, sing some camp songs, and just chill.
Bring sleeping gear, a change of clothes and a friend.
What: 24-Hour Youth Rally
Where: Mandrake Road Church, in Madison, WI (link here)
When: Saturday, November 18 thru Sunday, November 19
Who: 7th graders and older
Cost: $10 per youth (chaperones and drivers are free) (all proceeds go to camp)
The schedule and details provided below.
RSVP: Please, let us know you are coming. Email: [email protected] (Or, same email for questions.)
Hope to see you there!!
Schedule for 24-Hour Youth Rally
(This schedule is subject to change.)
- 12:00p, Arrive, (light snacks provided, please eat lunch before arriving)
- 12:00p – 3:00p, hanging out, games
- 3:00p – 3:30p, general assembly, greeting
- 3:30p – 5:00p, mixers, games, hanging out
- 5:00p – 5:30p, devo
- 5:30p – 6:30p, dinner
- 6:30p – 8:00p, campfire, singing, smores
- 8:00p – 9:00p, Christian band (Beaver Creek, from Belvidere, IL)
- 9:00p – 9:30p, snacks and set up sleeping spaces
- 9:30p – 11:30p, movie
- 11:30p – 12:30a, wind-down & brush teeth
- 12:30a, Lights out
- 7:30a, Wake up
- 8:00a – 8:30a, breakfast
- 8:30a – 9:30a, pack, clean up, restore the building
- 9:30a – 10:30a, Bible class, Roger Dunnam
- 10:30a – 11:30a, worship
- 12:00p, tearful good-bye (sack lunch provided to grab-n-go)
- Please, RSPV, as soon as you can. We need an accurate headcount for activities and food. ([email protected])
- Youth will be sleeping at the church building. Chaperones will be on-hand, to ensure proper oversight.
- Members of the congregation will try to provide beds for adult drivers who need to sleep in a real bed. Please, announce your interest when replying.
- Although sleeping time will be segregated (boys upstairs, girls downstairs) we require all youth to be modestly clothed. All clothing throughout the 24-hour rally needs to conform to WCYC camp dress codes. (Plus, it’ll be November in Wisconsin, and the building can be chilly on a normal day.)
- The church floors are hard. (No carpets.) Bring a sleeping bag, and a layer of padding if desired.
- Bring a camping chair, if you have one. (If weather permits, we plan to have a campfire moment.)
- Bathroom facilities are minimal. Request everyone to minimize their bedtime bathroom rituals.
- There are no showers at the building.